CONNECT: The independent approach
When deciding to purchase a research information system, a repository, a new finance system, etc., Institutions of Higher Education face a number of challenges:
- How do I get information about existing products?
- How can I get an overview of existing solutions?
- How do I compile my requirements in a targeted manner?
- Is there anything I have forgotten while writing tender documents?
On the other hand, product providers have to answer tenders with sometimes hundreds of requirements, which often is a time-consuming and cost-intensive balancing act:
- How can I differentiate my product from my competitors?
- How do I advertise my product without being intrusive?
- How do I get an overview of the market requirements?
CONNECT is a platform that brings institutions that evaluate products (e.g. HEIs) and product providers together: the institution gets access to requirements that have already been defined by other institutions, it can submit its own questions and thus compile a complete catalogue of requirements with little effort.
The product providers of a certain product area can view and answer requirements. HEIs / universities can evaluate their requirements against the existing product range.
Added value for Higher Education Institutions:
+ Unrestricted access to the requirements database and answers from the product providers
+ Time and effort saved when compiling your own requirements
+ Access to an easy and cost-saving market overview
+ No need to contact each product provider directly
Added value for product providers:
+ Advertising platform for the product / company
+ One-time answering of requirements
+ Overview of the requirements in a specific market
AT-CRIS as the operator of CONNECT:
- creates users and develops the platform on a continuous basis
- moderates requirements and ensures that they are not stored multiple times in CONNECT
- collects existing requirements (in the form of Excel tables) and makes them available on the platform
About the timetable
We plan to go live with CONNECT in summer 2020. In a first webinar on April 30, 2020 from 09:00AM to 09:30AM (UTC time) we will provide detailed information about CONNECT. Please send us an email if you are interested in attending the webinar: email@example.com